JOB OPENING: FT LICENSED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN for companion animal practice in New City, NY
Immediate opening for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team at COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL IN ROCKLAND COUNTY, NY. We have been an AAHA accredited hospital for 50+ years. Our goal is – and has always been – to deliver exceptional care that promotes a lifetime of good health for our patients while also supporting those who love them.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working in a predominately canine/feline two-doctor, privately owned practice with an excellent reputation in the community. Must be a team player with good people skills and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment. NY State license is required, ok to transfer licensure.
Responsibilities and Skills include (but are not limited to):
- triaging patients, taking vitals and gathering patient history from owner
- educating owners about medical conditions, treatment plans and home instructions
- educate owners regarding patient behavior issues, nutrition and preventatives
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- ability to develop relationship with patient and owner
- perform blood draws and administering vaccinations
- assisting in surgery by prepping patient, inserting IV catheters, monitoring anesthesia, ventilators and fluid therapy, clean up after surgery and wrapping instruments for sterilization
- processing specimens in the Idexx in-house laboratory or preparing specimens for external labs
- assist in ultrasounds and radiographs
- assist in dental procedures (prepping patient, monitor vitals, dental radiology, etc.)
- suture removal
- filling prescriptions for patients
- navigate commonly-used veterinary computer programs and software (electronic medical record, digital radiographs, etc.)
Why you'll love working here:
- Work-Life Balance respected. Flexible schedule—4-day work week. Office hours Mon-Wed 9-6, Thurs-Fri, 9-5. Techs arrive earlier. Closed Saturdays and Sundays; No after hour emergencies;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including (but not limited to): flexible hours, medical insurance (with employer contribution to monthly premium); PTO; paid sick/personal days allowance; Simple IRA with employer match; CE opportunities, pet discount.
- Dr. Weiner, Dr. Neiman and the LVTs are Certified Fear Free® professionals (cost to become will be covered).
- We are located 10 miles from Harriman State Park and Bear Mountain for hiking, cycling, ice skating and other outdoor activities. We are 25 miles from the Catskill Mountains for skiing and hiking. New York City is 20 miles south where you can enjoy Broadway Theatre, shopping, restaurants and other cultural activities.
- Dr. Weiner and the entire staff want you to be successful in your career. Training and mentoring will be provided, as needed.
County Animal Hospital is a relaxed family-like environment where the focus is placed on the best veterinary medicine and happy patients, clients and staff. We are a drug-free, smoke-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company policy and Federal & State laws forbid discrimination due to Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to be part of our enthusiastic and professional team, with a positive work culture, you are encouraged to submit your resume and application to HospitalManager@countyanimal.com We look forward to hearing from you.